Nomination «Cover Dance»
- General Information::
- By submitting the application for K-Pop Cover Dance Show the participant expresses the consent with all rules stated below.
- Applications can be submitted until 23 August 2019 inclusive for the following categories: «K-Pop Cover Dance» (any k-pop song cover), «Non-formatted Cover Dance» (a cover of any non-k-pop song).
- It is allowed to use a non-k-pop music tracks for K-pop Cover Dance show performances in case if this/these track(s) take no more than 30% from the performance duration.
- The Festival will be held for two days — 21nd and 22rd of September. In application, a preferable day for the performance can be specified.
- All festival participants and their assistants have free entrance.
- The Festival will take place at PLATFORMA art space (Kyiv, Belomorska st., 1, near the Lisova metro station).
- A prize fund of the festival is 30.000 UAH!
The fund is divided as follows:
K-Pop Cover Dance:
1st place (8.000 UAH)
2nd place (6.000 UAH)
3rd place (3.000 UAH)
Non-formatted Cover Dance:
1st place (3.000 UAH)
Grand Prix CCU 2019 «K-Pop Cover Dance Show» (10.000 UAH)
- The winners are announced at the award ceremony that will be held on 22rd of September (on Sunday), and at least 3 members of each team that participated in the show must be present. At the ceremony, the participants must be fully or partly dressed in performance costumes for better recognition (in case, if any specific costumes were used for the performance).
- If any participant who has been selected for the competitions cannot participate in the show, it is required to inform the K-Pop Cover Dance Show administrators.
- Administrators have the right to reject the application without giving any explanations.
- It is allowed using special effects that do not threaten, directly or not, health, security, and possessions of the show participants and Festival itself. Before specifying any special effects or decorations in the application, it is required to consider how they will be removed from the scene immediately after the performance.
- Usage of an unlimited number of the songs, any remixes, and song duplicates for different teams for the performance track is allowed.
- If several teams use the same song in their performances, only two teams at most will be accepted to participate in the Festival.
- Participation of one person in different performances is allowed.
- Participation of one team in more than one performance in each of the categories is not allowed.
- The person that submitted the application becomes its coordinator automatically. To receive the tickets for participants mentioned in the application, a coordinator must have the copies of all their identity documents (ID, driver license, student ID etc.). The tickets are all provided to coordinator once and never in several parts.
Names of the participants submitted in the application will be verified according to the provided identity documents (or their copies). In case of discrepancy, the participant will not be allowed to the Festival.
- It is prohibited to promote violence, suicide, alcohol and drugs usage and any other propagation that conflicts with Ukrainian law.
- It is prohibited to bring to the Festival any cutting, stabbing and threatening the human life and health items. The exception is fake, souvenir or toy (children’s) weapon permitted by the Ukrainian law.
- Grand Prix::
- A team’s performance can apply for Grand Prix only in case if it (or its bigger part) was not shown earlier at any event or in any public video.
- Performances submitted for participation in both categories of K-Pop Cover Dance Show can apply for Grand Prix.
- The applications that satisfy in paragraph 2.1. will participate in a separate selection.
- List of the applications that were selected will be disclosed after the closure of applications submission.
- All selected for Grand Prix teams will perform on Sunday (23rd of September).
- To apply for Grand Prix, video sent for selection should demonstrate full performance, a team should dance in their costumes and face the camera (not the mirror) while dancing.
- Participant has the right to withdraw from Grand Prix contest by specifying it in the corresponding part of the application.
- Applications that did not pass the selection to the Grand-Prix contest continue to participate in a regular nomination contest.
- Applications that passed the selection to the Grand-Prix contest continue to participate in a regular nomination contest. Note that one performance cannot take the Grand-Prix and win the place in a regular contest at one time (the priority goes to the Grand-Prix).
- Participation Rules::
- A number of the participants in the performance can vary from 4 to 18 people.
- One team can specify only one assistant in the application. It is required to explain assistant’s importance in corresponding part of the application.
- Performance can last up to 6 minutes.
- To apply for the selection in K-Pop Cover Dance Show, it is required to send the following materials until 23 August 2019 inclusive:
- Performance track:
- format: mp3;
- quality: 320 kbps recommended;
- the length of the record must correspond to the length of the performance.
- Video record showing the performance: it must contain at least 2/3 of the full performance and at least 80% of the team must be present.
- The image of the track/album/band cover. The cover image has to be square and no less than 1000×1000 pixels in size.
- Usage of video demonstration during the performance is not allowed.
- Jury and Judging Criteria::
- A jury is created to choose the winners in the Festival nominations and Grand Prix.
- Every member of the jury should be impartial and objective during the decision.
- All members of the jury have a right not to give any recensions or comment their decisions.
- K-Pop Cover Dance Show administrators coordinate the jury in any organizational questions.
- During the show, the jury ranks the performances on a scale of 1 to 10 using several criteria. One digit after the decimal point is allowed.
- The ranking criteria are the following:
- Synchronicity and correspondence to the dance patterns:
- Correspondence to the dance technique;
- Quality of the performance (appropriate costumes and looks of the members);
- Overall performance (integrity of the performance, appropriate emotions and acting of each member and the whole team)
- In case if two teams have equal number of points, a performance that was not shown earlier at any event or in any public video will have an advantage.